There were no polls during this evening’s show, but we’ve definitely upped our graphics game.
If you weren’t able to catch the live broadcast, you can catch it HERE.
TRAIL REPORTS + THE WEATHER
- It’s pretty wet out there kids. You know the drill – Sharps, Loyston, #yearroundgetdown and Baker on slightly dryer days.
- Poachers aren’t cool. The new Baker Creek Bike Park is NOT open. We’ll mention this again.
- Weatherman, Dave Stanley, reporting in from the angry outer band of hurricane Meryl gave the latest stats:
- We are 15” over our normal rainfall for 2020
- 4.5” over last year at this time – and last year was WET
- Temps are pleasant in the upper 70s and low 80s
- He’s got a 100% chance of kicking some cash towards local mountain biker and all around good guy, Scotty Wilson. Scotty had a bad crash and messed his pretty face up. Give HERE if you are so inclined.
WORK PARTY RECAPS
Obviously our regularly scheduled work party events have been cancelled but you all are CRUSHING IT solo style.
- You’ve logged 226.5 solo work hours since the last meeting
- 26 more people contributed their valuable time since last meeting
- All of this time equals $6,000 of in-kind donations
- We’ve had people:
- Work on drainage and improvements at Ft. Dickerson and at IC King
- Cut SO MANY trees at Concord – GO HALSTEADS!
- Work on Transfarm and Far East
- Build new trail! Hello Keith Crouch and his “Mayor’s Hot Tub” project. Named for former Mayor Rogero’s hot tub which he now possesses. Mayor Kincannon rode it the other day and had a delightful time. Go check it out.
BIG SHOUT OUT
Club member and trained chef, Chad Riggs, who has been cooking YOU ALL (seriously lots) of people dinner at Fall Fest has been presented with his official AMBC apron. The apron was donated by Marc Nelson Denim and adorned with a leather “AMBC” patch from the multi-talented Jay Basile. THANK YOU CHAD!
- Lots of STRONG Knoxvillians participated in the Giddy-Up for Good Everest Challenge. They rode enough vertical feet to accumulate the same elevation gain as it would take to reach the summit of Everest. 29,029 feet with no stopping. Yes, you read that correctly. The event raised funds for COVID relief.
- Knox Adventure Collective hosted Solo de Mayo, a multi-sport solo Strava race. Keith Crouch (previously mentioned in the Mayor’s Hot Tub segment) was the big winner. “Way to win, Keith”.
- The TVB Checkpoint race has been cancelled.
- Knox Bike Racing has their updated schedule online.
National Trails Day 6/6/20- We have cancelled our weekend of camping fun. Big sad. Instead we will be hosting a variety of socially distanced work parties. They’ll be limited to a leader + nine people and tools will be provided. CHECK OUT THE SMALL PROJECTS HERE!!!
WE HAVE A NEW AMBC BEER – IT’S REAL AND YOU CAN BUY IT
It’s a “hoppy kolsh” brewed by Elkmont Exchange and currently available at their North Broadway location. It should be available at both Trailhead spots, Casual Pint, McScrooges, Sokno Taco, and Cycology Bike Shop within the week! POW!
The super RAD can was designed with the talented Sara Witt! Give her an appropriately distanced shout out if you see her on the trail.
Yes, we know it’s tempting but please don’t ride the park. It is still an active construction site. We are patiently waiting on some work to get finished up, as well as signage. “Keep off, no really.”
We’ve got a fresh batch of our ever-popular lightning bolt socks in stock! The poison ivy is not messing around out there y’all and neither should you. Protect those legs.
Big thanks to everyone who has been placing orders. We were hoping to be outfitting the masses through our partnership with REI but.. well you know. Every order makes a difference and helps maintain trail.
- Troy University is doing a survey on traveling and mountain biking. It will take less than 10 minutes of your time.
- We applied for an IMBA grant for trail counters. It would be cool and beneficial for more trail user data. Fingers crossed, and we’ll keep you updated.
- IMBA is having their membership drive RIGHT NOW through June. You can win things. It’s been pretty great to see everyone’s membership roll in – we are up 30%! JOIN!
EMAIL ADDRESSES TO HELP US HELP YOU
- firstname.lastname@example.org – report any downed trees or issues you spot on your rides. Please drop a pin and take a picture. Any info you can provide is helpful.
- info@AMBCknox.org – if you want to check out any of our tools for trail maintenance. Don’t forget to log and report your hours pretty please!
Thanks for tuning in, folks! We’ll be back next month to do it all again!