John Becker with WBIR joined UT and AMBC to talk more about our trails count program and the expansion of the Urban Wilderness!
Check out the story HERE!
We need your help to keep our trail networks in great shape. Join us this weekend for a small project sponsored by Audi Knoxville! See below for more information and to register for the projects.
Saturday 3/27 from 9-12
Turnbuckle Bridge Repair – Register
Transfarm Bridge Building – Register
Hastie Treadwork – Register
Sunday 3/28 from 9-12
Sharps Ridge Treadwork – Register
Congratulation to the WINNERS of the Spring Checkpoint!!!
Thanks to all who participated in the event – both participants and the sponsors! We’ll see you in the Fall for another Checkpoint!
Looks like a group hit North Dakota (Maah Daah Hey Trail) and Duluth, MN. Some of you will remember that we competed against Duluth in the Bell Built Grant. The trails were super impressive and close in to the city. Would absolutely recommend a visit.
Dave Stanley, looking like a mountain man and reporting in: We have an additional 3” of recent rain and things are WET. In comparison last September has almost zero precipitation. We are now looking at a solid #2 spot for the wettest year recorded!
Dave has recently been to Bentonville, Arkansas and said it’s exactly as you’ve heard – “Disneyland for bikes” with a surprisingly good art scene.
Kellogg says it’s halfway to Colorado and worth the trip!
Unfortunately, the annual TVB checkpoint race was cancelled due to Covid BUT in a surprising turn of events, many of the entrants opted to donate their entry fee to the club! Thanks to Tennessee Valley Bicycles
and those generous non-racers, we’ll be getting a big check for over $700!
We’ve had lots of people working in the woods!
- SO many – 8 snags in concord alone.
- Treadwork at Lippincott – yay Vinnie!!!
- Dave Williams has been working on Barn Burner, Cruze Valley Run, Floyd Fox and we’ve had quite a few small groups out working on various things at Baker Creek.
- Let us know if you want to take on a specific project and keep the trail reports coming! firstname.lastname@example.org (Location and photo please!)
- The Baker Creek Bike Park grand opening was a hit! We had good turn out and super shredder, Mayor Kincannon, had some good riding and life wisdom for the crowd. BIG THANKS to the City and County for all of the hard work!
- Saturday October 3rd is Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day! There aren’t any organized events this year but that shouldn’t stop you from getting out there!
- Knoxville Adventure Collective has a fun event coming up – Maskerade Adventure Race October 1-8th
- Log your miles for the Norris Dam 84 Mile Challenge – on horse! on foot! on your bike!
- Everyone’s favorite 12 hour race has been postponed . Check in withCVTA for updates on the Hill of Truth.
- Speaking of CVTA – The Dirt Lab grand opening is October 9th!
- The No Business 100 is October 16th Big South Fork / Picket State Park and they could us some volunteers!
- VOTE! October 5th is the registration deadline and early voting begins on October 14th in Knox county.
OTHER RANDOM THINGS
- The Knoxville Regional TPO is working to create a long-term vision for the transportation system in our region and they could use your input.
- Memberships continue to roll in! Thanks to you all who’ve checked your status and re-upped. We are 50% above last year!
- Jeremy Walker’s eagle scout project was growing pumpkins and he harkened back to those fun days to create the first AMBC Pumpkin Sale! Thanks to Sokno Taco for letting us use their yard. We sold out and raised some money for trails! Look for us next year with MORE BIGGER PUMPKINS!
It’s going to be different but let’s make the best of it! We do know we have FOUR awesome things happening and details on all will be available soon:
- SUPER RAD bike raffle with Harper’s Bike Shop!
- FRESH merchandise at an in-store booth at REI! Want to VOLUNTEER??? Sign up here!
- EPIC silent auction (send items to email@example.com)!
- FUN checkpoint ride organized by Dirty Bird Events!
AND THE BIGGEST NEWS OF ALL!
Matthew and Ellen Kellogg have a tiny mountain biker brewing! The wee future shredder is due in November! BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Thanks for tuning in, folks! We’ll be back again next month to do it all again!