Congratulation to the WINNERS of the Spring Checkpoint!!!
Thanks to all who participated in the event – both participants and the sponsors! We’ll see you in the Fall for another Checkpoint!
January 2021!!! WELCOME
1st and foremost it’s President Donovan’s 1st meeting AND her Birthday!!!
Side note, it’s also past AMBC President Brian Hanns Birthday!!!
Trail conditions are typical for East TN this time of the year! Wet and variable
Wet Weather Reminders: Great options include: Baker Creek Bike Park, Marie Myers via Redbud Crest, Sharps Ridge, Loyston, Norris, and Big South Fork.
Take a look at our website for trail conditions!
Dave Stanley reported that we’re drier than usual but that the cycle of precipitation has timed itself perfectly to be continually soggy. Be mindful of your trail choices!
The Knoxville Track Club presented the club with a check for $3046.75!!!
KTC Longtime partners, presented a check from part of their proceeds from their popular Trail Running Series!
Remember – trails have many users! Runners, walkers, even a few riders – use the trails with respect for all!
Work Project Recaps:
Independent Workdays and Small Projects
- Randy Conner with Contour Trail Design and AMBC tackled “The Tree”
- Alex with Knoxville Outdoor Tours cleared a number of Snags in south Knoxville
- Bentley Brackett with Elemental Design Co. also cleared a few snags
- AMBC Staff builder Dave Williams has been busy on the top of Red Bud Crest!
- Vinnie has put in some hour at Lippincott
- Tony worked on trails out at Concord – Thanks for all the hard work!
Small Groups : Small projects — All limited to 10 folks / project Signup are live on our events calendar.
- This Saturday 1/30 9-noon 2 options
- Burnett Creek Road Trash Cleanup
- Mayor Hot Tub trail work (hand building singletrack)
- Not us but lend a hand CVTA Norris work day 10-1 check their site.
- AMBC will present at PechaKucha 11th live from the Bijou. The format is 20 slides shown for 20 seconds each, should be lively, wish Kellogg some luck.
- Leslie King with Catalyst Sports reported on their aMTB (adaptive) training March 27-28
- Trail Counter Updates
- Direct Observation Training – March 27th or 28th (2 Hour Training outdoors) Going to need 16 folks! We’ll launch a Golden Volunteer event for this. UTK will have around 40 folks helping.
- Talking with Albright Grove about some beer – stay tuned
- Brian Hann with the Trail Committee will be recruiting Trail Crew Leaders for the 2021 trail building and maintaining season – again – stay tuned
- We’re now webcasting the meetings to YouTube and with some luck we may add a Zoom meeting component.
See you for the next meeting February 22nd 2021
Spend the day with us at Baker Creek Preserve on November 3 for the NINTH ANNUAL AMBC Fall Festival!
Rides. Shops. Vendors. Beer. Food trucks. Live music. Camping. AMBC Merch.
All the friends.
Thursday, May 24th, 2018 at The Standard at 416 W. Jackson Avenue. Doors open at 6pm, films roll at 7.
The GiddyUP! Film Tour brings bike lovers together for a party featuring the best mountain bike short films from across the globe.
Appalachian Mountain Bike Club
We’ll hand out some killer door prizes!
$15 for the films / $25 for Films and a Sweet P’s BBQ Plate.
Beverages available from Yee-Haw Brewing and Knoxville Beverage Company
AMBC Swag will be available for purchase
All work sessions are from 9am-12pm, unless otherwise noted. Bring gloves, water and eye protection.
AMBC will provide tools, and our generous sponsors will feed you when you’re done!
Setpember 21 (1-5pm)
Sharps Ridge (Lunch sponsored by Fountain City Pedaler and The Casual Pint)
Lunch sponsored by Echelon Bicycles
Lunch & Piñata sponsored by TN Valley Bicycles
IC King Park
Lunch sponsored by The Bike Zoo
Lunch sponsored by Savory & Sweet Truck