AMBC will be postponing all upcoming group events for the foreseeable future. With the health and safety of the community in mind we encourage everyone to do their part and to play it safe. Wash those hands, avoid close contact, stay home if you’re sick, and follow other CDC guidelines.
Knoxville has a great network of trails and as of now all parks remain open!! We encourage trail users to get some fresh air while practicing their #socialdistancing
Avoid group rides
Stay off the Bike park at Baker Creek!!! (it’s a construction site)
Don’t travel to ride
Clean Drainage dips
Lop Sight lines on your favorite trails
Email Kellogg for loaner tools
(the last place you want to be is at the ER…)
We have seen events and races postponed or canceled, as they get rescheduled, we’ll fill you in!!!
What we know:
3/22 Bell Joy Ride and Potluck at Loyston has been canceled
3/23 AMBC Meeting has been canceled – we’ll post this information and any additional news as meeting minutes next week. Please note that South Coast Pizza remains open for carryout and gift card purchases
3/29 Waucheesi Bike Race has been canceled
4/18 AMBC Concord Work Party postponed, date TBD
4/19 TVB Knoxville MTB Checkpoint Race has been rescheduled to June 28th
4/25 AMBC Urban Wilderness Work Party postponed, date TBD
Continue to support our Local businesses!
Phone them up for gift cards, order take out, air high five them. Help them weather this storm.
If you have any other questions or thoughts, feel free to reach out to our Executive Director, Matthew Kellogg firstname.lastname@example.org . Our volunteer Board of Directors and Director will continue to push club business forward remotely.
Saturday, November 2, 2019
Join Appalachian Mountain Bike Club at Baker Creek Preserve for an awesome weekend of bikes, beer, food, friends and music proudly presented by:
Harper Audi | Yee-Haw Brewing Company | Bush’s Beans | First Neighborhoods Realty | City of Knoxville – Government
Group rides for all levels & Bell Joy Ride – Knoxville, TN !
Bike Raffle by Ibis Cycles & Harpers Bike Shop!
Bike demos from a variety of manufacturers!
Short Track Race by Dirty Bird Events
Dinner provided by AMBC, Bush’s Beans & Sweet P’s Barbeque & Downtown Dive!
Beer on tap!
Silent Disco brought to you by the AMBC & REI!
The latest AMBC rad swag!
On-site camping (short walk from the parking lot)!
10AM Set-up starts (lend a hand!)
4PM Campground opens
6PM Soundcheck social
8:30AM Coffee with Backyard Coffee & Trailsnacks
8:30AM Demo-land opens – demos ALL DAY!
9AM Fall Fest Joy Ride! registration
10AM Bell Joy kicks off
10:30AM Group rides for all levels – listen for announcements
ALL DAY BUY BIKE RAFFLE TICKETS by Harpers Bike Shop!
11:30AM Food trucks open for business
11:45AM Guided kids ride
12PM BEER GARDENS OPEN!
2:45AM Guided kids ride
3PM Whip Off!
4:30PM Short Track Race by Dirty Bird Events
ALL DAY BID ON SILENT AUCTION ITEMS!
5:30PM Live music!
6:30PM AMBC family supper provided by Bush’s Beans & Sweet P’s Barbeque & Downtown Dive!
7PM Live music!
8:30PM SILENT AUCTION CLOSES!
8:35PM BIKE RAFFLE BIG WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT!
8:45PM Live music!
10PM SILENT DISCO presented by REI (you want to do this)
MARK YOUR CALENDARS – NOVEMBER 7, 2020 11TH ANNUAL FALL FEST!
This year we’re expanding Fall Festival to add some special skills clinics for riders of all levels! Pre-registration is encouraged for all clinics, and you can pre-register online.
Friday, November 6
Take Aim Cycling Clinics
Maximum of 6 participants. Cost for each clinic: $60 per person. Register online »
- 2pm-4pm Descending: Using advanced braking techniques and body position, we’ll work on descending confidently and creating flow.
- 4:30-6:30pm Jumping 101 Pressure Control: Intermediate riders looking to start getting their tires off the ground and feel confident.
Saturday, November 7
Take Aim Cycling Clinics
- 9am, 10:15, 11:30, 12:45pm, 2pm Hour to empower clinics: 1 hour sessions to get the basic concepts down of specific skills.
- Wheel Lifts For Logs and Obstacles: Front and Rear Lifts. Two wheel lifts.
- Pumptrack Flow: Techniques for riding a pumptack with more speed and flow.
- Cornering: Fundamentals of cornering.
- 2 Skills 4 Life: Body Position and Braking: These two skills will help you unlock more confidence on the trail for all all your riding. Great for beginner and intermediate riders.
- Jumps: Air curious? The steps to start floating jumps.
Sunday, November 8
Spoked Women’s Mountain Bike Clinic
- 9am – 12:30pm Skills- and trail-focused clinic for women. Maximum of 10 participants. Cost: $50. Register online »
Take Aim Cycling Clinics
- 10am-12pm, 1pm-3pm. Choose two:
- Advanced Drops: Learn to ride at trail speed off drops.
- Jumping 201: Experienced riders looking to begin consistent jumping, start clearing jumps and landing confidently.
- Advanced Cornering: Highspeed, countersteering, and cutties. Intermediate to expert riders.