You made this happen.
Thanks to the help of all our friends old and new, we won the nationwide race for the Bell Helmets Bell Built grant, by a truly overwhelming margin. This is a big deal not just for AMBC or Knoxville, but for the entire East Coast, especially the Southeast.
Thanks to Exchequer Riders Club and COGGS for inspiring us to carry out the campaign that we did. They were strong competition and we look forward to seeing their projects come to fruition, too. We encourage you to check out their great trail systems anytime you’re in Mariposa, CA, or Duluth, MN.
What’s next: We’ll be working with IMBA Trail Solutions to finalize the design of the trail, while also continuing work on the other trails in the new bike park with AMBC volunteers. Check back here and on AMBC’s Facebook page for an up-to-date work schedule and volunteer opportunities, and keep an eye on downtowndownhill.com for updates on the work-in-progress.
Now let’s get to work. Let’s get rad.
Big thanks to REI for their support. AMBC has been awarded a $10,000 grant to build and maintain trails in Knoxville TN. We look forward to their arrival and our continuing partnership!
It’s almost here! Join us for the 2013 AMBC Fall Festival on November 2nd at 654 Helix Lane.
Interested in helping us out with a short volunteer shift at the Fall Festival? Shoot us an email!
Spread the word
Click the image below to download a pdf of the poster and help us spread the word!
- Guided “Dirty 30” ride for adventurers · 1:00
- Guided Rides for all levels · 1:30
- Guided Kids’ Ride · 1:45
- Midday Snacks Provided by Savory & Sweet food truck
- Short Track Race by Dirty Bird Events· 4:30
- Food provided by Food Sales East · 6:00
- Live music · 7 :00
- Silent Auction all day/Raffle Drawing · 8:00
- Late night dancing
Join us as we celebrate:
- Acquisition of a new land purchase – a critically important wooded ridge top in South Knoxville, preserving natural views forever.
- Expansion of Ijams to 300-acres
- Anticipation of the opening of 3 Miles of New Multi-Use Trails built by the Appalachian Mountain Bike Club.